David vinyl petition.

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by cdcase, May 17, 2014.

1. cdcase

cdcase Member Grayhead

Can get start a petition to get the catalog on vinyl? And can we start with White Ladder. Anyone know how difficult this would be to make happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

That is a great idea.

I think making it happen will depend on demand. The reason why David's catalogue is not on vinyl is that they do not believe it would sell sufficiently to even break even.

Let's give it a try here first.

Who would buy his records on vinyl? Post here, please!

3. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

I've written to musicdirect.com............they do have Foundling..............Maybe they could do the rest.. They have EVERYTHING.......audiophile land........high end vinyl

4. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

If I actually had a remote chance of listening to music outside of my headphones, I'd get a record player and invest in vinyl so fast. As it is, I would not.

sixstringedman likes this.
  5. sixstringedman

sixstringedman Member Grayhead

I have Draw The Line, Foundling, and A Century Ends for full vinyl LP's and Shine, Birds Without Wings, Fugitive, Hospital Food and The Other Side for single 45's (and a trance version of Please Forgive Me, just in case I get the urge to rave ;)). It's taken a few years to accumulate all these, but I love having them on vinyl. Listening to Shine with a little record noise behind it and the warmth of A Century Ends on vinyl is something I thoroughly enjoy. I have been loving that every release since Draw The Line has been released on vinyl and that the trend is continuing with Mutineers.

So, yes. If they were to release the back catalog, I would definitely be on board :D I can almost hear 'Smile' with the record hiss already.

6. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

I'll be getting Mutineers on vinyl, there is one cut that's not on the others I believe. Nothing like the warmth and depth of the real deal.

sixstringedman likes this.
  7. bfeekes

bfeekes New Grayhead

I would definitely buy White Ladder and LISM on vinyl if I had the opportunity! A Century Ends would be nice to have as well, I'll have to see if i can locate a copy of that.