December 2016 "The Best Of" Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Tour 2016' started by Alex, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Hi Oakie, I wish we could go to London but unfortunately we can't due to family obligations. But if I could I would definitely book both shows. After seeing the first you will want to go to the second one, trust me on this. And it's better getting tickets now while they are still available for the official price.

2. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

So two more shows on the continent and one in Edinburgh have been added.

Plus some info was given by David (see DavidGray.com for more) about the nature of these shows. All being solo acoustic and coming with two quite different halves. Especially the first one sounds very exciting. David called that an adventurous in depth look at a broad sweep of songs with even a possible peek at some new material. Wow. This is promising. And then the second half will focus primarily on the hits. Which will be exciting as well because we haven't heard those in solo acoustic versions. I can't wait to hear all those new versions. Such joy, hearing the songs being stripped down to their very core. Wonderful.

Oakie and Main like this.
  3. Oakie

Oakie Member Grayhead

Hi Rena, that's what I was thinking. His shows are addictive! Though I am going to Manchester too. But three times in a week would be wonderful! Thanks for talking me into it, I needed that! ;)

4. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Any time, Oakie, any time : )))

Manchester! Come up and say hello if you spot me. Manchester is always a special place to see David perform.

Oakie likes this.
  5. samrichardson93

samrichardson93 New Grayhead

Good morning,

I didn't want to start a new topic without posting in here first but if admin think it might get more coverage elsewhere on the forum please advise and I can post this in a different section.

Unfortunately I didn't have the funds to buy two tickets for Manchester and now I am in the position to purchase two there aren't any available through official channels.

On re-seller websites there are some available but they're anywhere between £90 - £120! :(

If anyone knows of any other tour dates for the North West, perhaps Liverpool do we know when this will be announced or do the current additional dates look to be all that will be added?

Alternatively if anyone gets a bit closer to the day and realises they can't go or hears from a friend/colleague/long lost school friend that they have two tickets together please point me in their direction!

Thanks.

6. Crazy Canadian

Crazy Canadian Member Grayhead

I am moving to the UK... at least for the month of December!!!! I so wish I could go... I agree with Rena.. a solo show IS a dream come true, and in London at that!!!! Please be sure to upload lots from these shows!!!! I am crossing my fingers for some North American dates...

7. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

I'm going to Bochum - my hometown - (Thank you David !!!!!!!!) - and to the show in Utrecht ten days later!! Hopefully then with some christmas vibes (like "have yourself a little christmas"..). :nailbiting::singing:

@Oakie: @Rena was a bit faster than me - but I agree with her totally! Two days in a row - both will be build up pretty differently.. And even if the setlist would be the same: there are no two same concerts by David!

And: it's totally worth it! :)

Ps: Utrecht is already sold out ;)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    Rena likes this.
  8. Oakie

Oakie Member Grayhead

Thanks @John, I'm doing the sensible thing and going to both :) Every time I've seen him I've wished I could go back for a second night so this is the perfect opportunity. And you're right, I'm sure each concert will feel different even if the setlist is the same.