Is DG a Christian?

Discussion in 'Questions about David' started by highaltitude, Sep 10, 2014.

1. highaltitude

highaltitude New Grayhead

Not that it matters..but I was wondring this because I've been hearing and reading from christian groups that his music is catagorized as such. I've only seen it at as folk, indie, folktronica, alternative..never christian. So I googled it..and it came back he is listed on a page of famous athiests. Does anyone know?

2. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

3. highaltitude

highaltitude New Grayhead

Thank you ak11. All of his reference to god and heaven just seem to be metaphoric...as I thought. I too am agnostic and can relate.

4. smartalex1972

smartalex1972 New Grayhead

He's an atheist, like myself. Weird that his music is classed as being Christian.
    These lyrics speak to his atheism.

Ain't No Love

Maybe that it would do me good
    If I believed there were a god
    Out in the starry firmament
    But as it is that's just a lie
    And I'm here eating up the boredom
    On an island of cement

5. Margaret

Margaret New Grayhead

I can remember reading an interview 2002 in which David was talking about his father's passing.I cannot remember it word for word but he said something along the lines of...........I would like to think i will see him again(his dad) but i don't hold any faith which would make it possible.

6. chris johnson

chris johnson Member Grayhead

I believe in the lyrics of "Imagine. " John Lennon tells us "imagine no religion".

7. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

I am fairly certain the atheism is over played .... he is against the construct of organized religion. And with all due respect Chris, Lennon sung about it ... he was a student, however, and not a teacher.

Jiddu is a teacher ...

[​IMG]

Crazy Canadian and Marcel like this.
  8. Amy

Amy New Grayhead

I love the non-response. but would like to know.