July 22, 2017 - Kilkenny- St. Canice's Cathedral

Discussion in 'Ireland Summer Tour 2017' started by wolfie, Jul 23, 2017.

1. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

DG back at St. Canice's! Amazing! I got there a bit earlier than necessary to queue for the show (general admission) but it was worth it because I got a great seat and also reconnected with a couple I'd met while waiting for admission at the last Kilkenny show. Meeting up with them again made the night extra special.

St. Canice's Cathedral is a beautiful building and to get to hear such beautiful voices inside it is a special privilege. A night at church indeed. Niahm Farrell and her guitarist started the night off right. It was a special night for Niahm with some of her family in attendance. Her voice is one of the most beautiful I have ever heard. Perfect choice for an opener for this tour.

While waiting on line to get in we got to hear the sound check. You could tell that DG was having a bit of voice trouble. That was evident again when the show started. However, David pushed through and, bless him, sang for us for well over two hours. It was a jam packed setlist. Falling Free has become a real favorite of mine. I am thrilled that Say Hello is getting played on a consistent basis. Niahm joined David on Snow in Vegas and Kathleen and then also came back out during the encore to sing on Dancing With Both Feet Off the Ground, which I was sooooo happy to hear again (please release this song!!!!). I wanted badly to hear Nightblindness again and I got to last night. Nemesis was a perfect ending.

There is much more I could say but I have to catch a bus. Lovely venue and generous and heartfelt show by Niahm and David!

Setlist for Kilkenny:

One Fine Morning

Coming Down

Falling Free

Flame

Leaving

TOIL

PFM

Hello Goodbye

Only the Wine

It Accumulates

BITW

Snow in Vegas

Kathleen

Fugitive

Harder

World to Me

Be Mine

Sail Away

Nightblindness

Babylon

-----------------

TYL

Dancing With Both Feet Off the Ground

Nemesis

carmel59, VickiC, nevermind and 3 others like this.
  2. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

Thanks for the info!! I'm in Wexford for tonight's show. Can't wait

Lou

wolfie and nevermind like this.
  3. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

Thank you, @wolfie ! That is quite a setlist! I can't wait to hear how Wexford is tonight :)

wolfie likes this.
  4. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

Wexford set:
    Coming down
    Falling free
    Flame
    Radio
    Gathering dust
    Fugitive
    Breathe
    Nemesis
    Last boat - supposed to include Smoke but didn't
    Bitw
    Toil
    Wine
    Vegas
    Kathleen
    Dub laoghaire
    Forgive
    World to me
    Be mine
    Sail
    Night blindness
    Babylon

Dancing both feet
    Tyl
    Supposed to include hello goodbye /otherwise but didn't

wolfie likes this.
  5. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

Wexford : Dun Laoghaire. I hope this link works !!

Erzengelbob and wolfie like this.
  6. chris johnson

chris johnson Member Grayhead

That's Dun Laoghaire? I thought I knew all of David's work, but this was new to me.

7. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

It's stunning !!

8. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Aw @Lou you should have started a thread for Wexford. Thank you for posting the setlist and video (editing to say I have better internet now and can see the video- thanks, again).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  9. Lou

Lou Member Grayhead

@wolfie I wasn't sure how to start a new thread so kept it simple with the Kilkenny one. ✌️

10. Main

Main Active Grayhead

Thanks for the review and the link! Can't wait to see him in Lucerne tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing you there too, @wolfie! :)

wolfie likes this.