July 24, 2017 - Cork- Cork Opera House

Discussion in 'Ireland Summer Tour 2017' started by wolfie, Jul 24, 2017.

1. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Argh!!! I have been irrationally excited all day about the show tonight and now I just saw DG's Instagram post. What is more than irrationally excited?!?! :D

To everyone going to the show in Cork tonight have a blast!

VickiC likes this.
  2. wolfie

Setlist for Cork (one of the greatest nights ever):

One Fine Morning

Lead Me Upstairs

Coming Down

Falling Free

Flame

Late Night Radio

Fugitive

Harder

Kathleen (with Niahm)

Snow in Vegas (with Niahm)

Back in the World

Please Forgive Me

Only the Wine

Nemesis

World to Me

Sail Away

Be Mine (with Clune)

L's Song (with Clune)

Living Room (with Clune)

TOIL (with Clune)

Babylon (with Clune)

--------------------------

TYL

Hello Goodbye (with Clune)

IMG_1185.JPG IMG_1186.JPG

3. sixstringedman

sixstringedman Member Grayhead

Wow!! What a night! Can't wait to hear more details on it but that is just an amazing set list and even more amazing of guests!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nevermind and wolfie like this.
  4. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

That SETLIST!!! I'm so incredibly envious! Then to have Clune on top of that. Wow, @wolfie , what a night! I can't imagine hearing Coming Down and Falling Free in that order, three nights in a row. Then throw in Living Room and L's Song :eek: and Clune = dream list! I'm so happy for you :D

nevermind and wolfie like this.
  5. wolfie

Shoutout to @VickiC for putting up with my intense excitement tonight - love ya!!

Hope what follows makes a shred of sense... it is 5 am, I have had no sleep and, yes, I am on a bus again.

I can't begin to describe how sad I was that I missed Clune's surprise appearance at the Boston show last fall. And I can't begin to describe how excited I was when I saw DG's preshow post about a guest in Cork. That photo could only mean one thing - second chance, baby!

I tried not to let my anticipation of Clune's appearance distract me from the pre-Clune part of the show. For one thing, for some reason this was the best David's voice sounded to me of the last three nights. It was the last of five nights of shows in a row for him but damn he sounded good!

I am with you @VickiC - Coming Down and Falling Free as a duo = a one-two showstopping punch for me. I fall more in love with Falling Free every time I hear it live. LNR was fun and super high energy. PFM is interesting at these solo shows because I think the slow tempo confuses people. It is such a loved song, though, that I am so glad he is doing it. Loved Nemesis tonight!

From the moment Clune stepped onto the stage in his Hawaiian shirt until the show ended I don't think I stopped smiling. Totally and completely surreal to see him standing beside DG on stage. Aside from playing his instruments (hello shaky egg!) and singing along at times, Clune danced around a lot, which got some cheers. So often he had this big beautiful smile on his face - never more so than when he heard the loud chorus of the crowd during Babylon. I hope he felt the love. The percussion sound and extra voice did add that extra something so besides the sheer awesomeness of him being there the sound of it all was great, too. To end a show with DG and Clune doing Say Hello Wave Goodbye - wow, just wow!!

I'm so grateful for whatever forces brought Clune to the stage again. I'm sorry I missed Clune in Boston but so, so thankful I didn't miss my second chance. I will never forget a moment of it!! I would say it was a dream come true but I couldn't have possibly dreamt up such a cool night.

6. XenAdmin

XenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Wow !

Sorry for the short reply

Just wow, excellent.

Traveling to do now, if only Clune would do the same..

wolfie likes this.
  7. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Thanks Wolfie for the setlist and your review! So glad you got this wonderful dreamlist and Clune as well after so many years. I would have loved to be there. Such a pity that currently we are too busy and not able to travel for David :(((
    Wishing you and the other grayheads much fun in Lucern!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    wolfie likes this.
  8. Main

Main Active Grayhead

What a LUCK you had!!! So happy for you!!!

wolfie likes this.
  9. thefox

thefox Active Grayhead

So happy for you and everyone at the gig. I'm glad Dave released "the Kraken", and Niahm came back! Woo!