Neill MacColl and Jack Omer

Discussion in 'Related Music and Artists' started by nevermind, Mar 25, 2014.

1. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Before he worked with Marc Almond, Neill MacColl, David Gray's old friend and my favorite guitar player, produced singer-songwriter Jack Omer's debut album "The Musik of Joanna".

Here is a nice teaser with Jack Omer and Neill talking about the making of the album:

Eileen and Kari like this.
  2. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

This sounds very interesting indeed. Thank you so much for finding this. I will give this album a closer listen.

And it's great to see Neill again!

Eileen, nevermind and Kari like this.
  3. Eileen

Eileen Member Grayhead

I've seen this, I'm a fan of Jack Omer. I too miss Neill and enjoyed seeing him in this video. Thanks Hans.

nevermind and Kari like this.
  4. Kari

Kari Member Grayhead

I have jacks album at home and it is a beautiful listen. Was so happy to see Neill at work again doing what he does best. Making beautiful music. Jack has a great sound and honest approach to his writing and singing. This is a great album to own, has some really beautiful guitar work.

Eileen and nevermind like this.
  5. Eileen

Eileen Member Grayhead

Yes, it is beautiful, haunting.

6. CMA

CMA New Grayhead

Yes I am out of the loop, but is Neill done playing for David or was it just a break? If he is coming back is it the upcoming NA tour ?

7. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

No idea really but I so hope Neill is coming back. It's not the same without Neill and will never be.

Let's hope he's just been busy for those random gigs and will be back for the real thing.

Kari, Eileen and nevermind like this.
  8. Eileen

Eileen Member Grayhead

Yes, Rena, I'm with you on Neill returning for the Summer gigs.

Kari likes this.
  9. Elysium

Elysium Active Grayhead

Me too, missed him in London and will give Jack Omer a listen, I've not heard him before. :)

Kari likes this.