October 8 2017 Kansas City, MO, Starlight Theatre

Discussion in 'US Tour Fall 2017' started by Rena, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

This will be a co headlining show with Alison Krauss.

All the info about David's concert on October 8 2017 in Kansas City, MO, United States at the Starlight Theatre can be posted here.

Presale tickets will be available from the good folks at David Gray.com/tickets

tomorrow June 20 at 10.00 am EDT.

Good luck!

The public sale will start June 23 at 10 am EDT.

2. bfeekes

bfeekes New Grayhead

I'm in for this one, pumped up!

3. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

Me, too!

4. bfeekes

bfeekes New Grayhead

Getting to this kind of late, sorry still kind of happy and upset with my experience at this concert. David Gray and the band were amazing! I believe David started it off with four solo songs and then the band joined him. Nemesis and Only the Wine were done solo. Nemesis was amazing as always. The band joined and there were note worthy songs. Smoke without Fire was amazing to me live. Tim Bradshaw added some electric guitar elements which were awesome! As I'm Leaving was played and it was as beautiful as ever. Silver Lining was also played and I always love that song, My Oh My was also played. This was a really great show by the band but my experience was hindered by an unruly patron who was sitting about 3-4 people over from me and was being ridiculous through David's whole set. I finally had to put my foot down and told him to shut up, and he then quieted down for the most part but would scream at any chance he could get. I had fifth row center which were amazing tickets but this man I mean child left a real sour taste in my mouth. Finally at the end of the set I tried to get a set list and Dave's guitar tech who is always really friendly to me tried to help me out by telling another member of the stagehands to help me out but nobody ever did. I kept trying and even told them where they were and the stagehand or crew member who picked them up basically tore up both of them right in front of my face. I must say that the music was outstanding but those other aspects unfortunately made this a show I will never forget. I'm seeing another show in a couple weeks in Berkeley but unfortunately I'm sitting in the second to last row, got in too late but it will still be awesome. I'm just hoping to not be around people who would rather run their mouth than listen to amazing music! I apologize this isn't a great review but for those seeing upcoming shows be ready for Smoke Without Fire.

5. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

Sorry you had a bad experience in KC, but we were sitting amongst extremely respectful people who never made a peep. We were much further back than you, but we didn't notice anything. And I can't imagine why that happened with the setlist! I've never had the crew act that way, and the next night in Springfield they were handing out a stack of them. And As I'm Leaving was spectacular!!

6. bfeekes

bfeekes New Grayhead

It's ok, thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you had a better experience and that you were able to get a set list in Springfield! Happy day!