Old, yet new...

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Saintsfan, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Saintsfan

Saintsfan Member Grayhead

Another old timer glad to have found the group again!

Marcel, as always you remain a hero for doing this. I have missed you as well as Rena, Nevermind, JackieJo, Eileen, DCA (of course!!) and a host of others.

I have been absent for so long, it seems like forever, although I lurked quite a bit on the old forum without posting and thought of all of you often.

My husband is from Aleppo, Syria - so the last 3 years have been a blur of trying to help family in very bad situations. A very long story without much end in sight, although things have calmed down some for the moment. Very, very sad to see a beautiful country with so much history destroyed...

Hoping that DG comes back for a southern swing through the US after Europe - can't make it to any of the current US dates, unfortunately, but will keep fingers crossed that more dates will be added later.

My best to all,

Jane

2. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

Hello Jane, I'm a relatively new DG fan. I just had to say blessings to all your family, the Syrian situation breaks my heart. Donna

3. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

Hi Jane !

Happy to see you back here :happy:

Glad you found us, and I do really hope you will stick around and let me know if you need any help.

Aleppo is not a good place to be, hope your family will not have to suffer any longer. Really awful, and from what I read quite hard to help anyone too.

I am quite sure DG will be back sometime soon in the US, and with a bit of luck we will meet again soon.. ;)

Take care !

4. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Hi Jane,

so glad to see you around. Actually I have been wondering about where you were only last week.

The situation in Syria is awful, such a horror to everyone involved. Sending all good thoughts your and your family's way.

DG mentioned some serious extensive touring in an interview not so long ago so hopefully you will get to see him soon.

All the best
    Rena

nevermind likes this.
  5. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Hello Jane, good to see you again! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Eileen

Eileen Member Grayhead

Jane I'll be sending a review and pic's (if I can) of Sunday nights gig. Tacoma WA ! :joyful: Never thought I'd be seeing him there.:happy:
    Hoping there are people on here going to the LA show tonight. And the San Fran show as well. Hoping to see you again, maybe later in the year.

7. Saintsfan

Saintsfan Member Grayhead

I know I can count on you, Eileen, as always! Have a wonderful time as I know you will.

I am sure that a reunion is in the cards for later in the year - I just hope that he releases the rest of the fall dates all at one time, rather than in bits and pieces, to make it easier to plan. Thought I had a dream that he had announced an August U.S. show - in Salt Lake City - as I couldn't find it on his tour site this morning, but it is there now... hopefully more news on that front soon!

Eileen likes this.