Thread of Gratitude...

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Lara, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Lara

Lara Member Grayhead

Let me be the first of officially thank Marcel and Rena (and whoever else) for putting this together before the lights go out at the DG.com forum. We owe you a HUGE debt of gratitude! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It's beautiful, and I can't wait for everyone else to arrive :)

And furthermore...who wants to take bets on how long DCA is a "Junior Member"?

2. davidcotyalex

davidcotyalex Well-Known Grayhead

let's just say this....................lmfao!

and yes huge kudos to the team! :p

3. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

I second all you said Lara and dca ;-)

4. sixstringedman

sixstringedman Member Grayhead

Yes, thanks so much for putting this together Marcel and Rena! Been through one huge clearing out of the DG.com site and now a new site entirely... glad to see this tradition continuing for those who have been following DG and the community for years. 10 years now for me visiting DG forums and no signs of stopping now!

5. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

I agree! Thanks so much for setting this up!

6. KirstenH

KirstenH Active Grayhead

Same here! Thank you so very much. Hopefully a labor of love. :D

7. tony

tony Active Grayhead

yay... sorry i'm late, couldn't answer the random question....
    so, how does this work, is this a post already?

edit: works. aka ryanrunner
    edit: thank you to everyone involved!!!! this place feels comfy

8. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

Yes, thank you, thank you! And - OMG- a LIKE button!! That makes me so happy :eek:

9. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

Well, now that's funny - it censored the word! It was buton, but with an extra "T"! I wasn't being naughty, I promise!

10. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

Just want to add my thanks to Marcel and Rena for setting up this site. I'm feeling really blue about losing the DG.com forums but having a new place to come to takes the sting off. For all the time and effort that went into this ... THANK YOU!!

11. Sheiladen

Sheiladen New Grayhead

Thank you Marcel and Rena for setting this up.

12. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

Everything looks fantastic. Love the header!!! Great picture of David. Easy to navigate and my first link worked!!!! Never could make it happen on the other site!! Everything bright, shiny and new! Thank you!!

13. davidcotyalex

I agree carmel.............the board looks great and all the features are just fantastic - soooooooo much better than before - as a non techie I now can appreciate the fact that we are now with technology that is at least in this century!! :D

14. Elysium

Elysium Active Grayhead

A huge thank you to you both and everyone else involved, I can only begin to imagine the work that has gone into this new forum.
    The site looks and feels great I'm likng the like button too Vicki.
    Looking forward to being part of this new community.
    :)
    Haha and the smilies work too.

15. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for all the response guys, it has been a bit of a rush getting things in place but we are now open and people are posting and changing their avatars etc. so that is great !

And sorry Vicki for not being able to post the word button, that should now be fixed :)

Also working on some new functionality, so stay tuned !

Marcel.

16. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

Thank you for your kind words everyone. This had to be done in a bit of a rush but it was done with lots of love for the community and the music which got us all together in the first place . Our technical wizard Marcel is working on even more great features so there is more in store for you :) I am looking forward to lots of interesting conversations on here in the many years to come.

17. JackieJo

JackieJo Active Grayhead

Nice to see so much activity again. Like old times. I'm so happy. Thanks Marcel and Rena. You see, we've got feelings so strong, so powerful they can't be wrong. I could go on and on...

18. davidcotyalex

well it looks like it took just into the weekend lol! :p

19. Main

Main Active Grayhead

Thank you for doing this for us. I have not been around much on the old forums and I cannot promise I will be around much here. But it is nice to have a place to come to and connect with other fans.

20. nikdom

nikdom New Grayhead

Even if almost everything is said in this topic, let me add a huge Thank You from me to Marcel, rena and all others involved in making these boards an alternative to the DG site. And considering that the official DG site s-u-c-k-e-d in giving us news (except in the forums section), this site here will be the one getting way more clicks I suppose... So also Thank You to all old and new board members and this nice, cozy, familiar bunch of DG-heads who make this really a community.