David Gray in The Bing Lounge

Discussion in 'Live Performances' started by Julian, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Julian

Julian Member Grayhead

Another excellent acoustic session and interview and a very welcome Piano version of Birds of The High Arctic.What a beautiful old upright Steinway,wonderful sound.The chipped keys adding great character.It Accumulates is a fantastic song.Simple playing;a very powerful lyric.:headphone:.....The lamps are back!!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Susanne, KirstenH, RosalieEP and 2 others like this.
  2. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

David and his voice seem exhausted but that version of Birds of the High Arctic is gorgeous. Thanks for posting these videos, Julian.

Julian and John like this.
  3. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

You're right, I don't know how they're all keeping such a pace. Not only the travel, but all the promo stuff in between too. And only two weeks off before they come back in the fall.

4. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

Love the interview with the piano at hand.

5. Susanne

Susanne New Grayhead

Fantastic. The first clip about the inspiration for Birds, Gulls, and Incredible is wonderful. Makes me long for a really good, meaty interview with him. And it occurs to me that not just anyone can sit in front of DG and ask questions, you know? I think he's gracious and all, but kind of a hard nut to crack. I wonder who he would like to be interviewed by? I've seen a couple great examples of "peer-to-peer" interviews (conversations, really) that are satisfying for everyone. Kind of like Jerry Seinfeld taking his friends out for coffee and talking about comedy...