Gold In A Brass Age Tour 2019

Discussion in 'Tour 2017' started by WhereIfall2013, Mar 23, 2019.

1. WhereIfall2013

WhereIfall2013 Active Grayhead

I've started a thread for the new album tour (I hope thats ok with our Mods?!?) as I just wanted to post a couple of thoughts of mine from the two shows I went to at Cambridge Corn Exchange on 16th March & Royal Festival Hall 17th March -

These were my first shows seeing DG since 2014 due to moving to Malta and sadly missing the solo tour as I was alittle busy preparing to get married :) Been very excited about the new music and couldn't wait to hear David in a live environment again especially bringing the new songs to life. And from the very start I could tell this really is a special record and going to a great tour, wow 'Mallory' was incredible (was better at Cambridge than at London show due to some technical issues). Surely one of his best ever songs, the power and raw emotion of this song when played live is palpable. I could feel & hear the loud physical exhale from a women behind me at the end of the song, it is so powerful, it's amazing. I'm jealous of those who get to see and hear this for the first time this tour.

The setlists have been great in my opinion, big fan of front loading the show with the new songs. Was lucky to hear the whole album live across both shows and all the songs were fantastic but highlights for me (in addition to 'Mallory') were 'Furthering', 'Gold in a Brass Age' and 'Ridiculous Heart'. Special mention for 'It's Late' which he dedicated to his oldest daughter as she found Londonboy Tattooer(artwork) on Instagram and showed DG his work - I am paraphrasing but it was something like 'This is called 'It's Late' and for my daughter, i'll leave her to work out its meaning' haha. As mentioned the setlists have been excellent but particularly good in showcasing the back catalogue, straight into 'Sail Away' & 'My Oh My' after the new stuff then other highlights such as 'Slow Motion' and 'Kathleen'. 'Birds of the High Artic' was incredible too and glad this is still in rotation.

Quick mention for the band before I go - love the addition of Ben De Vries - from producer to band member worked seamlessly if you ask me. Tim and Robbie were so good as we've come to expect, unfortunately my seats at both shows were stage left so I couldn't see Keith very well.

I've rambled on for too long and I probably lost you halfway through, but thanks for reading my mind dump on the DG tour. Loving the new album and now I have some serious post DG gig blues, can't wait to see him again live. It will be my 30th time so hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Ciao for now from the Maltese archipelago.

2. WhereIfall2013

Just realised where I've posted this haha! in the Tour 2017 section, please can it moved to a more appropriate place? thanks

3. WhereIfall2013

Also wanted to add how great it was to see Marcel, John, Rena & Nevermind again :) Hope it isn't long until we meet again :)

nevermind and John like this.
  4. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

Likewise. Lovely to see you again!