Limited live recordings Dublin Sept 2017 available for pre order

Discussion in 'News about David Gray' started by Rena, Aug 31, 2017.

1. chris johnson

chris johnson Active Grayhead

CD case, are you asking about the newest best of David Gray double album? (Not the six CD bundle). If so I can post the names of the tracks. Let me know.

2. cdcase

cdcase Active Grayhead

Yes, I am looking for the track listing for the best of due out in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. cdcase

cdcase Active Grayhead

Anyone know when the Best of ships?

4. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

No, I'm sorry! Did you ask the support? They've answered my question late, but they answered :)

5. cdcase

cdcase Active Grayhead

I sent them an email. I am guessing not before Christmas.

6. Bec1

Bec1 New Grayhead

I only saw release date of December 2017. I expect January in USA.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. DogearedCarrie

DogearedCarrie Member Grayhead

I received an email with a link to unmastered downloads, and an update that the mastered downloads will come in January and the vinyl will ship in March. *sigh*

On a side note, I had ordered a Beastie Boys vinyl package for a Christmas gift, and that is also now delayed. I've never used Pledge Music before. Are delays like this standard for them?

8. cdcase

cdcase Active Grayhead

I have used them several times. Sometimes on time. Vinyl is usually late. :(. I have one pledge order that is 2 years past due. Artist/label keep pushing back.

9. Main

Main Active Grayhead

Finally ordered the 2CD best of. Got an unmastered download instantly and LOVED listening to that today, while taking down the Christmas decorations. :D

John likes this.
  10. Jim G

Jim G New Grayhead

Now that many have their disks I was wondering what song from collection stands out for its live solo version? I originally bought the best of cd, but after listening to it I loved it so much I broke down and bought all 3 shows. When best of does eventually show up I’ll give it to a friend. If I HAD to choose the one version that stands out to me solo it’s The Other Side. Every time I play it (either version but prefer the version from the 9/4 cd) I get that hair on arm standing up feeling. It’s so powerful and haunting and I just love it. What are some other thoughts?

11. Oakie

Oakie Member Grayhead

My best of CD arrived today! What a nice surprise as I'd almost forgotten about it. Just about to give it a play now. This cheered me up after a bad week!

John and cdcase like this.
  12. cdcase

cdcase Active Grayhead

Finally! Arrived today! 3 LP set on white vinyl. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

nevermind likes this.
  13. chris johnson

Kind of a surprise that I liked "The Other Side". I didn't hate it before, but listening to it in the Dublin concerts was a revelation. How I wish I had been there!

14. chris johnson

Best of set list:
    Babylon
    You're the world
    Sail away
    One I love
    Alibi
    Smoke without fire
    Flame turns blue
    Be mine
    This year's love
    Fugitive
    Please forgive me
    Only th e wine
    Snow in Vegas (w/lee Ann rimes)
    Back in the world
    The other side
    Enter lightly

Falling free
    Clean pair of eyes
    Kathleen
    Fixative
    Gulls
    Forgetting
    Falling down the mountainside
    See the sea
    Birds of the high arctic
    Twilight
    L's song
    Nemesis
    January rain
    Last summer
    Shine

nevermind likes this.
  15. Teemto

Teemto Active Grayhead

Eagerly anticipating 2018-news I think I will go ahead and purchase the digital downloads of this , after reading what everyone has said!

Then again , someone said something about Nightblindness and I’m not sure I will be able to cope with that ! D:

16. John

John Well-Known Grayhead

Hah @Teemto! 2018 is close to its end, so better hurry up getting a copy of Davids 2017/2018 release ^^ Fingers crossed, that something's gonna happening really soon..
    I already crossed the "I really really can't wait no more"-point of mood several months ago.. He's sitting and hiding all his new and good stuff ^^

Well, back to the topic.. I hope, that he gets his record deal done soon.. I mean: WHO should hold (t)his music back??

The version of Nightblindness really pushes you up and then it drags you down again.. But after all you feel satisfied after listening.. Hope that helps you in your decision! :)

17. Teemto

Teemto Active Grayhead

Hey John, great to hear from you again :) Yeah i'm going a bit more insane day by day.

Regarding these recordings , these are simply excellent. A MUST HAVE for any fan - they really showcased this solo tour superbly. My favs:

Falling Free - I had never seen any recordings of this version, but it is simply amazing! I already loved his line 'a million miles beyond what scienece understands', so it struck a chord of me when he went into some improv with that. Wowzas..

Gulls - A favourite of mine anyway so I enjoyed this a lot.

Flame - Loved the 5-minute intro of the backstory; it really sets the scene (and was quite funny).

Only The Wine - Wasn't a huge fan of this single, but his improv on this is fantastic! Absolutely love it!!

Flesh - Was amazing to hear this!

Gah, come on DG just let me throw some more money at you...

18. chris johnson

Big birthday tomorrow! Wish David a happy 50th birthday! Thanks for the wonderful music!