New single "Birds of the High Artic"!

Discussion in 'David Gray's Music' started by nevermind, Sep 29, 2014.

1. nevermind

nevermind Well-Known Grayhead

BBC Radio 2 played DG's new single! Good choice :)

[​IMG]

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

wolfie, RosalieEP and cdcase like this.
  2. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

I imagine it's a different edit than the one on the album? It's pretty long to be a single, I would think. Such a powerful song, though. Magic.

3. wolfie

wolfie Well-Known Grayhead

You can listen back to the first play of this here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04hc7vp (it says it stay up for only about a week, I believe). It starts around the 2:05:41 mark and ends around the 2:09:12 mark so, yes, shorter than on the album. A lot of the instrumental part at the beginning is missing, for example.

I am thrilled this is the new single. Radio stations need to PLAY THIS!! (Please. :))

4. RosalieEP

RosalieEP Well-Known Grayhead

A few things changed up. A little peppier, maybe? I don't know if it's just the broadcast quality that made the cymbals and drums more prominent. Doesn't quite have the heartbreaking quality of the album, but it's still great!

5. Rena

Rena Admin Staff Member

A great choice for a single. Such a powerful song.

6. WhereIfall2013

WhereIfall2013 Active Grayhead

Definitely a great choice for the new single. And the new mix is great! I hope this is released via download?!!?!?!

John likes this.
  7. iamseanharrison

iamseanharrison Member Grayhead

Wow it's been totally overhauled. Loads more delay on the vocals. Sounds like a new drum track, more bouncier and some different fills. Louder backing vocals. I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nevermind likes this.
  8. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

Love it!!

9. Julian

Julian Member Grayhead

Yes it is a good choice for a single and was sure to be re-mixed for Radio.The album version is far better though.However,I have never really thought of Dave as a singles artist.The only one I can recall doing well in UK was The One I Love.

10. Illuminate

Illuminate New Grayhead

Hello! Has anyone heard this played again? I can only hear the 30sec sample on the BBC Music page. Not to sound like a grandad but singles aren't the same anymore without physical releases. Much easier knowing when a single was released!

Stuart Ronayne likes this.
  11. thefox

thefox Active Grayhead

*coughiwonsomethingonebay*
    It's a 3:33 version, tuned halfway up a half step like the Be Mine single mix. God, if only it were a remixed full version, you'd have a convert... it's got so much energy.

12. cart1984

cart1984 New Grayhead

Chris Evans has just played BOTHA this morning, it was cut short mind.

it looks like it might get a bit of airplay though as it is on the bbc r2 playlist (B list)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/playlist

nevermind likes this.
  13. Stuart Ronayne

Stuart Ronayne Member Grayhead

;)Does anyone know if this will be released as a CD single rather than just a download ?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  14. Stuart Ronayne

Stuart Ronayne Member Grayhead

Ignore the last post .....stupid question .....just found out CD singles were being phased out 2 years ago .... That just shows how along ago I brought a new one !

RosalieEP likes this.