Number of subforums

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ak11, Jan 12, 2014.

1. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

Honestly I'd cut down the forums to like 3. David Gray (put all the music and whatever talk here), Tours & Live (or something, for the reports), off-topic talk. Would make it easier to see at a quick glance what's new and the amount of stuff posted here isn't that much that it really requires so many subforums. Anyway, just a suggestion.. what do you guys think?

KirstenH, JackieJo and carmel59 like this.
  2. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

Hello ak11, I tend to agree with you. I think things could be condensed also.

JackieJo likes this.
  3. Marcel

Marcel Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, and welcome back !

Thanks for your response, will gladly reconsider the amount of forums if that helps... :cool:

Then again, did you know it is real easy to find any new posts by using the menu item "new posts" ?

upload_2014-1-12_18-37-1.png

I use that a lot, and works a bit like a feature we had on the old DGBB, except this one is slightly better :D

Also you can watch forums that you are particularly interested in or threads, and they will show up in "watched forums" or "watched threads"

And you can easily see in which forums there are unread items, as they have a darker color...

upload_2014-1-12_18-40-10.png

Example here, where The Lyrics have got no new items, but Live Performances has...

Does that help ?

Take care,

Marcel.

John, ak11 and Main like this.
  4. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

yes, that did help, I did start using "new posts" just recently also and I really like that. Didn't realize about the darker color for unread items though.
    Over time it will become obvious what forums don't get much use and can be eliminated I would think, yes?
    Thank you!!

John likes this.