The Best of David Gray 2016 new release

Discussion in 'News about David Gray' started by Rena, Aug 28, 2016.

1. joshua_nathan

joshua_nathan Member Grayhead

From the sound of it, the Falling Free version is the live one from Cascade.

nevermind likes this.
  2. carmel59

carmel59 Well-Known Grayhead

I just received the vinyl version of the release and am so impressed with how it was produced. I hear things I've never heard before, reading the credits, there has been some remixing.............if I'm using the right term.........Warning though, we may want to get a back-up album, cause its going to get worn out!!!! :) 221872c597f155d1c2453aa95553c012.jpg

nevermind and Main like this.
  3. Elysium

Elysium Active Grayhead

Which one is that Joshua?
    :)

4. Elysium

Elysium Active Grayhead

Thanks Vicki:) x

5. joshua_nathan

joshua_nathan Member Grayhead

I thought it was the live version from Cascade (The nice double live album that came out with Mutineers - pictured below), but it's not. It very similar, though, as it's a lot different than the Flesh version. It's very enjoyable.

[​IMG]

nevermind likes this.
  6. chris johnson

chris johnson Active Grayhead

For USA fans- I heard from amazon today that my "Best of" album is being shipped. Can't wait !

7. ak11

ak11 Well-Known Grayhead

I'm usually not a huge fan of artists rerecording old songs, but the new L's Song and Falling Free are really nice. Shine is one of those songs where I've always wanted to hear that raw, 90s DG, but the new version is really nice too.

Also, the collection has 5 songs from Lost Songs, which I still think might be the best release DG ever put out.

carmel59 likes this.
  8. Crazy Canadian

Crazy Canadian Member Grayhead

I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered... :(

9. Tanya Desrochers

Tanya Desrochers Member Grayhead

I've received mine and as usual, I'm delighted with his music.

I have a question though (no, I didn't googled it lol)

About L's song, it says when I've entered it in my Itunes 2016 Version....

I don't know anything about this song previously released. I'm in love with it but does someone knew it's a remake?

10. Tanya Desrochers

Tanya Desrochers Member Grayhead

There are no lyrics with mine ???????

11. VickiC

VickiC Active Grayhead

Sorry, I corrected myself in a different post. I was wrong! No lyrics for me, either.:(